Attendance by at least one member of a club, preferably the President-elect, is required at one of the following Grant Management Seminars (GMS) in order for a District 5960 Rotary Club to receive a Rotary Foundation District Grant or a Global Grant in Rotary Year 2011-12. (Attendance at a GMS last year does not qualify a club for grants in 2011-12. Annual attendance at a GMS is required.)
Grant Management Seminars (GMS) in preparation for Rotary Year 2011-12 will be presented on the following dates. Registration is required to attend. Registration is limited to 30 persons per seminar and no more than two persons per club at each seminar. Please see the links later in this email.
February 12, 2011, 9 a.m. – Noon at Family Means, 1875 Northwestern Avenue South, Stillwater, MN
March 19, 2011, 10:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at Prior Lake-Savage Schools District Service Center, 4540 Tower St SE, Prior Lake, MN (includes lunch)
April 14, 2011, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., at the Wildwood Lodge (across the road from the Prom Center, where the District Conference will be held), Lake Elmo, MN
GMS training will include:
- An overview of grants under the Future Vision Pilot Program
- Creating a project
- Applying for a grant (including scenarios for discussion)
- Implementing a project
- Answering your questions
By attending this Grant Management Seminar, Rotarians will:
- Obtain an overview of the Future Vision Pilot grant process.
- Learn how to identify, develop and implement a project.
- Understand the requirements to qualify for a grant.
- Acquire the tools to successfully manage Rotary Foundation Grants and submit grant reports.
- Be able to complete both District and Global Grant forms.
- Meet the GMS requirement for club qualification.
To Register:Just click on the appropriate link below and provide information about who from your club will attend. One person may register for all of your club members who will be attending on one date. There is no charge to attend. Our District Training Fee paid by each club covers the cost.