Click here for a Microsoft Word version of the selection timeline|
Fall 2012 - January 2013
- Application materials for 2014/15 Global Grant Scholarship available to clubs via District website at www.rotary5960.org. The application is a PDF document and must be printed and completed, then scanned/emailed to Bill Gaddis' attention at email@example.com. (application and essays proposal documents attached). Link to application document: http://www.rotary5960.org/showDoc.cfm?pMenuTop=5&pObject=455.
- Publicize Global Grant availability through local media and area colleges. (See press release.)
March 15, 2013
- Club deadline for 2014/15 Global Grant Scholar application review and support. There is no longer a limit on how many a club can submit to the district, please consider sharing with neighboring clubs if you have more. Club signature is not due until later in the process.
April 19, 2013
- District deadline. Applicants should forward complete applications electronically to Bill Gaddis.
- Applications will be distributed electronically via email.
- Review committee members complete the short-list of candidates to be invited to interview.
April 29-May 3, 2013
- Finalist candidates are notified and given directions to the interview site, which will be in the Twin Cities metro area on May 4, 2013.
May 11, 2013
- Scholar candidate interviews from approximately 7:30 am – 5 pm.
- Applicants must be available on this date for interviews--exceptions will not be considered.
- DGE connects with Host district DGE for preliminary acceptance of the scholar.
- Complete proposal on the RI website. The location of the proposal checklist and submission process is provided in this link http://www.rotary.org/RIdocuments/en_pdf/fv_global_grants_checklist_en.pdf
- Requires Host Club authorization, Student essays, budget, etc.
December 2013/January 2014
- Student applies to universities
- When university acceptance is received, the RI application must be completed - one for the student and one for the scholarship chair online
- Orientation by district
- Funding released
- travel planning
- Scholar departs
- Applicants must currently live, work, or study in District 5960, and may not be Rotarians or members of their immediate families. Rotaractors are eligible to apply. A full description of qualifications can be found in the Global Grant Scholarship information letter at http://www.rotary5960.org/showDoc.cfm?pMenuTop=87&pObject=434.
- Complete details, application forms available on-line through Rotary International at: http://www.rotary.org/foundation/programs.html (click on Global Grant Scholar, application in download).
- Call or e-mail Bill Gaddis (c: 608-234-8900) for process questions.