The Global Grant Fellowship Fall 2018/Winter 2019
Applications are available online (see "Application Document" on left hand menu of this web page). Applications are due to Local Club by March 17,2017, and to May 6, 2017, 10:00am - 4:00pm, FamilyMeans Center, 1875 Northwestern Ave, Stillwater, (applicants MUST be available for interviews) and international processing of the applications will take place in Fall/Winter 2017 for academic studies beginning in Fall 2018.
Global grants must relate to one or more of the six areas of Rotary focus, have a long-term impact and must be for a graduate level program.
Global grants must be sustainable and measurable (How will the scholar's studies support one or more of the areas of focus?); A global grant's minimum financing is $35,000
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
Global Grant Fellowships (Scholarship) fund studies for a period of one to four academic years in graduate level programs.
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, room and board, books, travel expenses, visas, inoculations, as well as any humanitarian projects the club or district has planned that relate to the scholars studies.
Items required at time of district application (April 2017)
For More Information, see left hand menu on this page
- Proposed field of study within one of the six areas of Rotary focus
- Proposed degree and timeline
- Estimated budget
- Proposed humanitarian project in the host district (optional)
Complete information regarding:
- The scholar's program of study relates to the selected area of focus.
- The educational and professional goals of the scholar and how the scholarship will help to advance these goals.
- How the scholar will use his/her education to address a need on a long-term basis in his/her hosting and/or international sponsoring community(ies)?
Items required at time of international application (Fall 2016-Spring 2017)
- Letter of acceptance to the proposed school
- Foreign language proficiency exam results
- Host partner club/district and host counselor information
- Detailed budget
Scholar may NOT be (1) a Rotarian; (2) an employee of a club, district, or other Rotary entity, or of Rotary International; (3) the spouse, a lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood or stepchild legally adopted or not), the spouse of a lineal descendant, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person in the foregoing two categories.